Got a question? Read on.
Check the general site FAQ for even more answers.
All your questions about the BIC Soleil 100 Days of Sunshine AfterParty™ ... answered!!!
Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary. US residents only. Ends 8/8/10. OFFICIAL RULES
Go to www.100daysofsunshine.com to see the Official Rules.
Over 100 prizes will be given away especially for BIC Soleil AfterParty participants between July 12th and August 8th. Will you win one of them? The only way to find out is to enter, and you can enter by uploading a photo or video, voting in a poll or posting a comment in PartyTalk™ or mail-in an entry. That’s it! Complete any one (or more) of the actions listed here will be entered to win.
House Party, Inc.
“BIC® Soleil® AfterParty Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. GENERAL. The House Party, Inc. “BIC® Soleil® AfterParty Sweepstakes” (this “Sweepstakes”) is a sweepstakes where eligible entrants will have the chance to win various prizes as described in more detail below during four (4) separate weekly drawings. The foregoing is a general description only of this Sweepstakes and is qualified in its entirety by these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and are at least eighteen (18) years old. This Sweepstakes is void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia; and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of House Party, Inc. (“Sponsor”), BIC USA, Inc. (“BIC”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter. This Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States and the District of Columbia, and entrants must be present in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia at the time they enter.
3. TIMING. This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 12, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 8, 2010 (the “Entry Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes:
a. TO ENTER ONLINE/AFTERPARTY ACTIONS: During the Entry Period, go to www.houseparty.com/soleilsunshine (the “AfterParty Site”) and follow the links and instructions to upload a photo or video, post a blog or vote in an online poll on the AfterParty Site (each, an “AfterParty Action”). You will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes for your first AfterParty Action. You may take additional AfterParty Actions; however, you will only receive one (1) entry in this Sweepstakes, which is your first AfterParty Action. To take an AfterParty Action, you must be registered on the AfterParty Site, which registration is free. All AfterParty Actions are subject to the terms and conditions of the AfterParty Site. All online entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the submitted email address. Submitting mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification. If you do not wish to be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes as described above, please send an email to email@example.com (with “BIC Soleil AfterParty Sweepstakes Removal” in the subject line) and your name will be removed from the entries for this Sweepstakes.
b. TO ENTER BY MAIL: If you do not wish to register online by taking an AfterParty Action, print your name, complete home address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), and date of birth on a 3” x 5” piece of paper and send it by United States mail in a sealed envelope no larger than 9 1/2" x 4 1/4" (a #10 envelope) with correct postage to House Party, Inc. “Bic Soleil AfterParty Sweepstakes - Entry”, c/o House Party, Inc., One Bridge Street, Suite 3, Irvington, NY 10533. All mail-in entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. No facsimiles, photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries allowed. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
c. FOR ALL ENTRIES: LIMIT: One (1) entry per person in this Sweepstakes, regardless of method of entry. All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of online submission or mailing will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
5. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
6. WEEKLY DRAWINGS; ODDS; NOTIFICATION.
Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, Sponsor will conduct a total of four (4) weekly drawings (each, a "Weekly Drawing"). The Weekly Drawing dates are on or about July 19, July 26, August 2 and August 9. All eligible entries in this Sweepstakes received by Sponsor through 11:59 p.m. ET on the Sunday immediately prior to the applicable Weekly Drawing day (including all non-winning eligible entries in this Sweepstakes received during the Entry Period prior to such day) will constitute the pool of entries for the applicable Weekly Drawing. At each Weekly Drawing, Sponsor will randomly select potential Weekly Drawing prize winners (or one (1) potential Weekly Drawing prize winner in the case of the Grand Prize drawing) from among the pool of eligible entries.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in this Sweepstakes. The entrant selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner will be notified by phone, letter (by postal or overnight delivery) and/or email. Sponsor’s notice may request additional verification items (including, without limitation, shipping address) and a potential winner must respond to such verification requests within the time limits specified by Sponsor. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner declines the prize, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected by Sponsor in his/her place at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received for this Sweepstakes up to the applicable drawing date.
a. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, in this Sweepstakes, a total of one hundred six (106) prizes will be awarded in all of the Weekly Drawings (sixty (60) third prizes in Weekly Drawing 1, thirty (30) second prizes in Weekly Drawing 2, fifteen (15) first prizes in Weekly Drawing 3 and one (1) Grand Prize in Weekly Drawing 4). The aggregate approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $1,323.95.
b. Third Prize/Weekly Drawing No. 1/July 19, 2010: Sixty (60) third prizes will be awarded in Weekly Drawing 1. A third prize consists of and is limited to a three (3) pack of BIC Soleil Bella Disposable Razors. ARV of a third prize is $5.99, and ARV of all third prizes is $359.40.
c. Second Prize/Weekly Drawing No. 2/July 26, 2010: Thirty (30) second prizes will be awarded in Weekly Drawing 2. A second prize consists of and is limited to one (1) Soleil-branded beach tote bag. ARV of a second prize is $7.99, and ARV of all second prizes is $239.70.
d. First Prize/Weekly Drawing No. 3/August 2, 2010: Fifteen (15) first prizes will be awarded in Weekly Drawing 3. A first prize consists of and is limited to one (1) set of MP3 speakers (manufacturer, make and model as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). ARV of a first prize is $14.99, and ARV of all first prizes is 224.85.
e. Grand Prize/Weekly Drawing No. 4/August 9, 2010: One (1) grand prize will be awarded in Weekly Drawing 4. A grand prize consists of and is limited to a $500 VISA gift card (gift card subject to the terms, conditions, restrictions and limitations thereof). ARV of the grand prize is $500.
f. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and each prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value, including cash, if the prize (or component thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes and expenses associated with prize award, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize. LIMIT: One (1) prize in this Sweepstakes per person, or physical/email address.
8. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and its successors’, assignees’ and designees’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, statements, opinions, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice or consent.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to award the prize(s) at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute awaiver of that provision.
10. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, BIC, their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Sweepstakes partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in this Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or this Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link.
12. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in New York, New York; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of New York for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of New York, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at http://houseparty.com/soleilsunshine/faq, or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to House Party, Inc. “BIC Soleil AfterParty Sweepstakes - Rules Request, c/o House Party, Inc., One Bridge Street, Suite 3, Irvington, NY 10533. Residents of Vermont need not affix return postage.
14. WINNER’S LIST. To request a list of winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to House Party, Inc. “BIC Soleil AfterParty Sweepstakes - Winners’ List Request”, c/o House Party, Inc., One Bridge Street, Suite 3, Irvington, NY 10533. Requests must be received by October 1, 2010.
15. SPONSOR. The sponsor of this Sweepstakes and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is House Party, Inc., One Bridge Street, Suite 3, Irvington, NY 10533.
There was an error. Please refresh the page and try again.
Removing your connection...
Logging you in...
Logging you in...
We are connecting now...
There are a few things we'll need to complete your House Party sign-up. You can create a new House Party screen name, or use an existing one.
There are a few things we'll need to complete your House Party sign-up.
Forgot your password or member name? It happens to the best of us. Give us your email address and we’ll send your member name and a link to reset your password.