Got a question? Read on.
Check the general site FAQ for even more answers.
Your exclusive Party Pack will contain:
For you, the host
For you and your guests
You should receive your Party Pack by end of the day Wednesday, January 11, 2012. It will be shipped via FedEx. You’ll receive a tracking number by email from FedEx once it ships. Please check your junk mail or spam folder for this tracking email.
This doesn’t happen often, but if you don’t receive your Party Pack by end of the day Wednesday, January 11, 2012, please email email@example.com. Please note that we cannot send any replacement Party Packs or Party Pack items after the party date, which is Saturday, January 21, 2012.
Following is the Online/Blogging Guidelines (“Guidelines”). Please read this document carefully. SC Johnson reserves the right to amend or change the Guidelines at any time without notice. You should periodically review the Guidelines to refresh your recollection of the guidelines and apprise yourself of any new guidelines. If you are unable to continue to abide by any of these Guidelines, please contact SC Johnson.
These Guidelines outline the legal and non-legal disclosure responsibilities and other implications related to your blog, comments or the content you post on the Internet, and to provide recommended best practices to consider when posting information and commentary.
You understand that the role you undertaking is one of trust and confidence – both on and offline.
1. Disclosure. If you post comments or content about SC Johnson or any of its products or services, you should clearly and conspicuously disclose the nature of your relationship. For example, if you have been provided with product to write a review or comment on the product, this must be disclosed. In addition, if you are being compensated in any way by SC Johnson, this must be disclosed. Given your position is one of trust and confidence, we ask that you respect the privacy of trade secrets and confidential and proprietary business information of SC Johnson and its employees, contractors, customers and others with whom SC Johnson has a relationship.
2. Trademarks and Intellectual Property. Any trademarks, logos, materials and other proprietary information that SC Johnson may provide to you, or which you have access to as a SC Johnson representative, may not be used without the prior written permission of SC Johnson and can only be used in accordance with any guidelines provided by SC Johnson. If there is any doubt in your mind as to what is proprietary to SC Johnson or another associated entity or person, consult SC Johnson or do not post the information.
3. You Could be Held Legally Liable. When you choose to go public with your opinions, comments or content, you are legally responsible. Individuals can be held personally liable for any commentary deemed to be false, unsubstantiated, defamatory, obscene, proprietary to, or owned by, others, or libelous to SC Johnson, suppliers/partners or any other person or entity. For these reasons, you should exercise caution with regard to exaggeration, colorful language, guesswork, obscenity, the materials you use, conclusions, images and/or video that may post, and derogatory remarks or characterizations. In essence, you make statements at your own risk. Outside parties actually can pursue legal action against you for statements or postings you make. To ensure you don’t make any statements about the products or services of SC Johnson that are false, misleading or not properly substantiated, you should only make statements about SC Johnson products and services are approved in advance by SC Johnson. You also agree to be available for guidance and training to make sure your statements are truthful and substantiated.
4. Proprietary & Confidential Company Information and Customer Information. You may not disclose SC Johnsons proprietary, confidential, trade secret information or any information, including but not limited to disclosing or otherwise revealing company development plans, policy, inventions, strategy, financials, or products that have not already been made public by SC Johnson or personally identifying information including email addresses, street addresses and private facts about any person. If there is any doubt in your mind as to what is proprietary and confidential information, consult SC Johnson or do not post the information. Disclosing confidential or proprietary information can negatively impact SC Johnson’s business and may result in legal action. You should also reach out to SC Johnson for clarification on whether specific information has been publicly disclosed before you use it.
5. Press Inquiries. Postings by you or your participation in any form of a online chat room, social networking site or forum, may generate media coverage. If a member of the online (e.g., news engines) or mainstream (newspapers, magazines) media contacts you about a comment or content posting related to SC Johnson, requests SC Johnson information of any kind or solicits you to make a comment, please contact SC Johnson immediately. Do not engage in any discussions or correspondence with any members of the media without first consulting SC Johnson.
6. General Guidelines for SC Johnson Experts: Do’s and Don’ts. These guidelines provide a roadmap for constructive, respectful, productive dialogue for you.
1. Do Not Reveal Non-Public Information
Don’t provide SC Johnson or any other person’s or company’s confidential or proprietary information that has NOT already been made public by an authorized officer of SC Johnson, or such other person or company.
2. Do Be Clear About Who You Are
You must clearly and unambiguously disclose that you are a paid endorser of SC Johnson.
3. Protect Yourself
Be mindful that what you write will be public for a long time, archived, stored and retrievable for years to come. Think, before making statements, commenting or posting content.
4. Respect Gets Respect
Do not make offensive comments that have the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating or hostile community environment including telling lies or spreading rumors others. Do not use ethnic or racial slurs, personal insults, obscenity, or other offensive language and show proper consideration for other’s privacy and for topics that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory – such as politics or religion. SC Johnson will not condone an attack on any person's character. You must uphold SC Johnson’s belief of respect for all individuals and avoid making any statements that could be construed as defamatory or offensive to SC Johnson customers, partners, affiliates and others, including competitors.
5. Be Accurate and Constructive
Be thoughtful, accurate and respectful. Your comments may impact SC Johnson and our products. It is important that your postings, views and comments be expressions of your actual experience and beliefs.
Do not post any comments, or content online that in any way promotes unsafe activities or illegal activities or products, that could lead to an unsafe situation involving our customers or other individuals. Posting unsafe comments or content is strictly prohibited and may provide grounds for legal action. Remember, you could also be held personally liable for any such unsafe information or situation.
7. When you are Commenting or Posting Content:
a. Identify yourself and your name and role as the “official” author of the posting or entry in an obvious, clear position on the page.
b. Never impersonate, or imply that you are, a SC Johnson employee.
c. Never spam others. Spamming and scrolling in chat rooms is a serious violation of online etiquette.
d. Address any “flaming” and negative posts by consulting with SC Johnson on how to appropriately reply, deflect and address or not allow the posting.
e. Find out who else is commenting on the topic, but only link to him or her if the information on the site is accurate, appropriate and not otherwise inconsistent with the Guidelines.
f. Respect and understand copyright, trademark, financial disclosure and other laws.
g. Do not cite or reference customers, partners or our suppliers without their prior approval.
h. Do not post advertisements or other materials offering or soliciting services.
i. Do not give out personally identifiable information (such as credit card numbers, your social security or driver’s license number, passwords, home street address, etc.) as this information can be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
j. Do not post content (photos/videos) without written permission from the person or entity that owns the photo or video and any persons depicted in the photos and videos.
k. Do not let your activities compromise your reputation or interfere with your role as a respected SC Johnson representative.
l. Do not post or promote materials that could harm or disrupt another person’s computer or allows others to improperly access software or web sites.
m. Check and respond to comments, new friends and/or participants at least once daily.
n. Be the first to correct your own mistakes and don’t alter previous posts without indicating that you have done so.
PROCEDURE FOR GUIDELINES VIOLATIONS
If your activity is seen as violating these Guidelines, we may terminate you as a representative and seek compensation for any losses caused by your actions.
There was an error. Please refresh the page and try again.
Removing your connection...
Logging you in...
Logging you in...
We are connecting now...
There are a few things we'll need to complete your House Party sign-up. You can create a new House Party screen name, or use an existing one.
There are a few things we'll need to complete your House Party sign-up.
Forgot your password or member name? It happens to the best of us. Give us your email address and we’ll send your member name and a link to reset your password.